Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Unit 2: GRAMMAR PRESENTATION


GRAMMAR PRESENTATION

Grammar is important when it comes to writing and speaking as it can enhance L2 leaners to become more confident in their English language speaking and writing skills.  First, I want to add, a beginning ELLing student would most likely be more comfortable with a deductive approach because a beginner would need to learn about the language before they are able to “discover” learning on their own. Therefore, having lessons and studying about language would be more beneficial to the beginner.  Whereas, students who have more experience and knowledge in the English language, they would have a better understanding of what it is they need to “discover” and therefore, have it easier in an inductive class setting, where they are able to learn on their own, so to speak. 
Personally, for me as a beginning teacher teaching English as a second language, I would be more comfortable in the deductive method because, it is my first time.  As time goes on and I am more comfortable and confident with teaching English as a second language, I would prefer the inductive approach.  I like the idea of   encouraging students by giving them the opportunity to contribute in their learning journey as it makes it more personal and relevant to their liking. Plus, it comes with a bonus of becoming an autonomous L2 learner, in or outside of the classroom!  All the better reason for having an inductive approach, learning becomes “naturally” rooted.     



No comments:

Post a Comment